Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Library LGBTQ+ Guide
INTRODUCTION TO LGBTQ+ STUDIES
We hope you'll find useful information here for your class and beyond!
Image by Myriam Zilles from Pixabay
October is LGBTQ+ History Month. Visit GLSEN.org to learn more.
One-Stop Searching of Library Resources
Books, Ebooks, Articles, Videos, and the list goes on
Searching in OneSearch
If there are no results matching your search...
- Make sure that all words are spelled correctly.
- Try a different search option (e-books instead of books in the library collection, for example)
- Try different keywords.
- Try more general keywords.
- Try fewer keywords
If there are too few results matching your search...
If you get thousands of results...
- Use more specific keywords: "Mendocino County history" rather than "Mendocino County"
- Slide the "personalize" button above the first result of your search to limit your search to your preferred disciplines (history, psychology, sociology, for example).
- Refine Your Results in the left column
- "Sort By" lets you select listing your results by relevance, date (oldest or newest), title and author
- Choose "subject" to further refine your search
- "Availability" can limit your search to a resource type such as peer-reviewed journals
- "Creation Date" lets you limit your search to a creation-date range (2014-2019), for example.
Saving your searches...
- Sign in with your student ID/password
What does OneSearch include?
Use OneSearch to find print and online books, articles, and other types of sources. Limit your results to the types of sources you want by choosing the appropriate items from the following filtering options. (Click the magnifying glass icon to the right of the search box to see the filtering options).
Articles, Books and More
- Searches physical items in the Mendocino College libraries, electronic resources provided by the library, and open access digital resources
- Searches course textbooks on reserve.
- Type in your course name, number, or instructor's name to see if we have the textbooks available for in-library study
- We are currently updating and correcting our course reserve data. Please be patient.
Books and Videos on Library Shelves
- Searches for physical items in the Ukiah and Fort Bragg college libraries.
Articles and E-books
Ukiah Campus: 707.468.3053 | Coast Center: 707.961.2200 | Lake Center: 707.263.4944 | North County Center: 707.459.6224
Email: Library Webmaster | © 2020 Mendocino Community College
Powered by Springshare. Login to LibApps