Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Get Help From the Library
Fall Library Hours
M, T, TH 9:00 - 6:00
Wednesday 9:00 - 8:00
Friday 9:00 - 4:00
Need assistance with your research?
Call us: 707-468-3245
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about borrowing library textbooks, Chromebooks, or other materials?
Call us: 707-468-3158
Email us: email@example.com
Library/Learning Center, 2nd Fl.
1000 Hensley Road
Ukiah, CA 95482
Tips for starting your research
Understand the assignment
- What type of assignment is it? Research paper, personal essay, opinion paper, or other?
- How long does the paper need to be?
- Do you need to use specific types of sources such as newspapers, magazines, scholarly journals or websites?
- How many sources do you need?
- Which citation style are you going to use for your bibliogrpahy? MLA, APA, Chicago or other?
Choose a topic
- Think about a topic that might interest you, you know something about, or you feel strongly about.
- Find a topic in your textbook, a class reading or class discussion.
- Still stumped? Look at today's New York Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Huffington Post, or Google News and find a story that interests you and do more research.
- Keywords are the terms you use to search for information on your topic.
- Two or more words (a phrase) should be searched in "quotes" for better results.
- Try synonyms, related words, and broader terms if your first search doesn't yield the right kind of results.
- Use AND to limit your search and OR to broaden.
Ukiah Campus: 707.468.3053 | Coast Center: 707.961.2200 | Lake Center: 707.263.4944 | North County Center: 707.459.6224
Email: Library Webmaster | Mendocino Community College
Powered by Springshare. Login to LibApps